Please note as of 17 March 2020 in line with the statement of the Archbishops all public worship and activities in the church as suspended for the time being.
Together with churches across London and throughout the country, the focus for Lent this year in #LiveLent: care for God’s creation.
Things you can do this Lent
- You can join the Wednesday morning Lent course which is based on Saying yes to life by Ruth Valero. The programme is
Wednesday 4 March ; #LiveLent1 – Light
Wednesday 11 March ; #LiveLent2 – Water
Wednesday 18 March ; #LiveLent3 – Earth
Wednesday 25 March ; Nature walk in Holland Park
Wednesday 1 April ; Easter crafts
Wednesday 8 March ; Outdoor stations of the Cross
- You can pick up a copy of the #LiveLent Care for God’s creation booklet, which has daily reflections and challenges
- You can sign up for a daily email or the #LiveLent app via http://www.churchofengland.org/livelent
- You can visit the prayer stations on the Old Altar steps in the New Church to see how individuals and groups in the church have responded to the theme of Caring for God’s Creation.
- You can contribute to the Lent 2020 appeal to help communities in Angola & Mozambique which are in the front line of climate change. You can collect and take home a collecting box, or give to a bucket collection in church, or visit http://www.london. anglican.org/mission/lentappeal.